Saturday, January 8, 2011

Snow Run

Out today for the inaugural 2011 long Saturday run. 2 hours of alternating between my dog pulling me forward to catch up with the guys, pulling my dog along as she got tired and bored, and bursts of off leash fun in the snow. It was hard to get a picture of her as she didn't sit still for long. You wouldn't sit still for long either if your bare ass was hovering above a foot of snow. Setting out was great, the snow was coming down but it was fluffy and light and easy to run through. Coming back as the day warmed the snow got heavier and I ended up that cursed "running on sand" terrain. There were a few walk breaks but not too much potty mouth, except from the dog, of course. Tomorrow a swim is planned in the morning to loosen out all the bits that got worked today.


The WW plan is just fabulous so far. I'm loving the iphone app, it makes staying honest very easy, and the program has not left me feeling hungry. I spend a lot of time thinking about the finish line next November and what I have to do to get there earlier. Mostly though I just enjoyed the waterfront on a snowy day.










.

2 comments: