Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The point of the whole thing

I’ve been having pretty good success incorporating the new WW program into my lifestyle. After a week on, (down 1 ½ lbs) having eaten all my daily points, my extra points and my activity points I did find myself going to bed hungry Sunday night. Not optimal as I woke up at 3 am hungry still, and possibly a little annoyed with snoring husband. I headed downstairs and had a bit of chocolate milk (recovery food of champions) which took away the edge and got me to morning’s breakfast. The hunger continued through the morning at work. Breakfast filled me but there was still this little voice asking for more food please once the stomach was no longer filled with fruit and whole grains. I ignored the voice and made a far too small lunch of chicken, brown rice, chick peas and tomatoes. It was tossed with a lovely cilantro pesto but, I think I didn’t add enough fat to make it satisfying and I ended up sitting at my desk an hour later realizing that I really needed a cheese sandwich. Sigh, not a great choice, the cheese sandwich, but, there was no sense in continuing to get more and more hungry.

Dinner was a very hearty serving of pot roast, mashed potatoes and green beans and this little Ironman went to bed with a very happy body.

Lesson learned, even though last weeks training was minimal for me, Mondays are always a hungry day when training so, there is no sense in trying to conserve points for later in the week. I have plenty to eat, almost 100 extra this week from the walking to and from work, 3 hours of running planned, half an hour (min) of swimming, and a pilates class.

True confession, I was met by a co-worker this morning with a container of brownies. He makes his own, he’s a very good baker, two were consumed and duly noted in the log. Je ne regrette rien. (9 years of French, don’t like to brag or anything – of course, the husband, a product of French Immersion schooling weeps when I try to speak it).

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm I love my chocolate milk! :)
    enjoy the brownies, you've earned it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely a delicate balancing process to keep ourselves full enough with all the training but not overdo it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete