Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Gratitude

I don't know about you but sometimes at the end of a full day of work and then workout sometimes I just don't get the chance to actually just sit and think about how lucky I am to be able to live my life the way I do. I am financially stable enough to afford races, training equipment and, well, time to train. I have a job that challenges me intellectually and in the good old days was pretty lucrative. More filthy lucre should be coming my way as the stock market and our accounts regain equity. I truly believe that we can do anything we put our mind, time and body too and our culture too often promotes an idea that exercise is boring and our bodies are fail. I don't think fail people walked the circumfrance of the globe to settle every continent but Antartica so I'm not sure why we think we'll expire if we try to run but, well, perhaps we've just forgotten how to use our bodies in the pursuit of a living, and therefore, forgotten the power in us.

So, sitting here at the kitchen table having a solo dinner, Alex not home until later, I got that moment to pause and be grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Very wise comments, Susie. Your very simple approach on the gift of our health and abilities is an encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me exceptionally happy. <3 you, girl!

    ReplyDelete