Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 3 San Juan and Caribbean Princess

The next day, Sunday we were to board the ship and I have to say that Alex and I were sad to leave San Juan. I love my country, I love Toronto, I love our place up north, I love the changing of the season, blah, blah, blah, etc, etc, etc, but, truth be told I really am hankering some desire to live in a warm climate and just visit snow. I really think Canada should start some sort of annexation to get us a Caribbean island, I mean, other than Cuba.

What a life, we spent the morning on the public beach, our fabulous cheap hotel having stored our bags, and then had the most incredible pizza at a little restaurant right at the beach. About champagne sangria, I will say this - I LIKE.

We started on the vacation sun burn/tan, having cast aside all Canadian pragmatism by neglecting to apply sunblock. Those tan lines haunted us all week but happily it didn't put a damper on the holiday.

We were sad to have to board at 3 but had the runner's meet up party at 5. It was fun to gather with everyone and get our race kit and t shirts. Kudos to Cruise to Run for really great women's shirts. The week was off and running .

No comments:

Post a Comment