Monday, November 30, 2009

Back to the rest of my life

The recovery continues, I'm tired for sure but mostly I'm a little bored to not be training. I got used to a regimented life - every day, every week, every month I knew what I was going to be doing. It's good to get away from that and I need to understand that 2 naps, Wii playing and minimal housework this weekend is quite acceptable. Alex and I will be doing Arizona again in 2 or 3 years. We loved the area and want to test ourselves against the same course again. I know that with greater fitness and a tri bike I should be able to get some time back. If I can get through with out GI issues that should be an hour better.

I'm going to keep thinking about adult onset athleticism so keep looking for posts. Big Clyde has me thinking about medals and trophies and the role they play in childhood and now in my triathlon life. I'll get back to you on that.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your thoughts on the medals, etc.

    On a different note, I want to embrace a short-term goal of dropping 10 pounds this month. I am riding my bike about 40-50 miles per week, but need to improve my eating to really make some weight come off. Any advice for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say, don't worry about how many calories you're eating but do worry about writing it all down. I lost weight years ago on Weight Watchers and I think the biggest advantage of the plan was simply writing down everything. On the paper some of those snacks don't look so great.

    If you're changing your lifestyle like you are I can't imagine you need to really diet too much to see changes in your body. Go with the old "how your clothes fit" because you are going to be putting on muscle weight.

    ReplyDelete