Friday, October 2, 2009

How do I hold onto this fitness?

I love getting through training sessions that I couldn’t even contemplate a couple months ago. I love feeling like I’m 25 again. (I’d really like it if I had the body I had at 25 but I’m willing to trade wisdom and serenity for that waist of old.) I love how great food tastes and deep deep sleeps.

The thing is, I don’t think this level of fitness is very much outside of what my body considers its normal operating standard but I’m not sure how the heck I’m going to be able to keep it up, little less improve again for next year’s session. At some point I’m not going to want to be exhausted at 9 o’clock every night. I don't want to be missing friends’ baby showers because I have a 6 hour workout that day. There is some television that I think is worth watching and I have to be awake and on the couch to see it.

In the meantime I’m eating whatever I want, not worrying about making what I though would be race weight. I can get through the next 7 weeks, 2 days with fall’s new shows piling up on the PVR. The storage room at work is adequate for my lunchtime napping needs. I can do all this because I AM GOING TO BE AN IRONMAN

1 comment: