Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What a difference a month makes - I feel tired, beat up, and depressed.

Had a mini panic at a race on Sunday, ended up doing the whole 750m on my back. Did the same race last year with a full on panic and the same energy seemed to hit me. I ended up having to listen to women discussing their nervousness while waiting for the deep water start. Didn't warm up enough, and, forgot to start in singing "99 bottles of beer on the wall."

Bracebridge half iron distance is a week Sunday. Very difficult up river swim last year that I totally rocked on the mental side. Must go forward on an assumption that that will hold for this year.

I don't feel trained for it at all.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck next weekend! I think we're all in a similar phase of training where the mood really swings left and right. It's part of the process, is what I keep telling myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it last year, you will do it this year!

    ReplyDelete